Monday, June 22, 2009

HFAR Activity

Mr. Green protested, "What can I possibly tell you about that painting? Surely you don't expect me to give it to you. I couldn't even if I wanted to - it's been stolen."

Mr. Boddy's expression did not change,"I know it's been stolen, and I know who took it."

Unconsciously, Green took a step backward.

Boddy leaned closer, with fierce glint in his eyes, "You're going to help me to get it back."

Share Your Taste in Art! To earn one point as an individual, visit Oxford Art Online, available through Premium Resources, and find a piece of artwork that you like. Comment below with a citation for that particular artwork, and a brief description of why it appeals to you.



Hone Your Cyber Skills: Create your own Sidewalk Billboard.

6 comments:

Harold said...

Went to Oxford Art Online and found a decent article on the Gundestrup Cauldron, an ancient Celtic artifact.

Timothy Taylor. "Gundes." Grove Art Online. Oxford Art Online. 23 Jun. 2009

It's not the most user friendly website in the world.

Lisa Dickson said...

Lee Bul: Cyborg W1–W4, view of work in production, 1998 (Seoul, Artsonje Center); photo by Yoon Hyung–moon, courtesy of the Kukje Gallery in Seoul and the artist For more information: www.leebul.com

I found this interesting because my friend Grace is an artist, and these sculptures reminded me of some of the characters that she has welded:

http://gracehilliard.blogspot.com/

theheartof_IT_all said...

Pablo Picasso: Woman with Guitar (‘Ma Jolie’), oil on canvas, 1000×654 mm, 1911–2 (New York, Museum of Modern Art); © 2007 Estate of Pablo Picasso/Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York, photo © Museum of Modern Art/Licensed by SCALA/Art Resource, NY

I've always appreciated Picasso's paintings: cubism.

Joy2C said...

I acutally searched for a couple of artists, R. C. Gorman who is a native navaho artist with wonderful images of women. Found an entry in Oxford, but no images. = (. Then I looked for Redoute who did a variety of botancial drawing and paintings, but the images in Oxford were very poor quality. Very disappointing.

monkeygamer said...

Young man, if my wife makes it . . .; Tiravanija, Rirkrit; Walker Art Center; 2000

What can I say...it's food!
Love it!

Julie said...

Searched for Claude Monet--one of my favorite artists. Saw some of the waterlily series. I was surprised to find so many images wouldn't display due to copyright restrictions. It looked liked the ones that couldn't be viewed were mostly on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I guess I'll just have to run away and live in the museum to appreciate them!