Sunday, June 28, 2009

Visit AV

The Betrayal: Two years ago, Boddy told Mr. and Mrs. Mustard that Mary Ann had received a dishonorable discharge from the military and enrolled in library school. Her parents felt that, in doing so, she had abandoned her brother's memory. They haven't spoken to her since.

Now, Mary Ann works in the AV department - but, even in the cone of silence, she can still hear accusatory voices in her head.

Staff members are invited to visit the Audio Visual Department this week, in order to earn division points.

Staff members can earn one extra point as individuals for doing one or more of the following:
- Experience the cone of silence for themselves
- Experiment with the AV digital download station
- Reply to this blog entry with the first name of one AV staff member, their favorite movie or book on cd, and why.

Lights! Camera! Action! Visiting the AV department has undoubtedly reminded you of your favorite movie or book on CD. Let's all get to know each other better! Reply to this blog post by sharing your favorite movie or book-on-CD, and why. (You'll receive one point for doing so...)

7 comments:

Erica said...

Should I be completely obvious and say that my favorite movie is Clue (1985)? After all, I did pick my character based on the movie and not on the game. And besides, "communism was just a red herring!"

Now I have to go visit AV and find out the favorite movie or book on CD of someone down there!

Joy2C said...

After talking to Pat at the Info Desk, I discovered she is a Motown fan and she is currently in love with a movie called "The Fall" and showed me the clips from imdb.com. The imagery is stunning so I will have to scope this out.

There are only 2 movies I've seen 4 times. Romeo and Juliet with Olivia Hussey, and the Beatles in A Hard Day's Night.

Julie said...

Will it scare you to find out one of my all-time favorite movies is "Silence of the Lambs"?

Boddy better watch out! After his betrayal, all I seem to watch and read have a serial killer theme. I have lots of ideas to implement...

Colonel Mustard

sopranolibrarian said...

My favorite movie(s) are The Sound of Music and Singin in the Rain, but what you expect from someone named sopranolibrarian?

I visited AV and experienced the Cone of Silence, checked out how the download station worked and even got a tour by Pat of the digital download site.

Anonymous said...

OK, I finally made it up to AV.
I experienced the legendary Cone Of Silence...it really works! Well, you can still hear the music outside the 'cone' but the volume is noticably diminished.
Julie's favorite movie is Silence of the Lambs. She enjoys scary movies in general but she really digs SOTL because she "has a thing for serial killers". :)
My favorite movie is Conan the Barbarian. To quote Roger Ebert, a pair of sandals and a broadsword go a long way with me. Plus, I loved the Conan stories by Robert E. Howard when I was growing up.
The music download station at AV was experiencing technical difficulties when I was up there so I didn't get to see it in operation.
Harold

monkeygamer said...

I got the grand tour of AV by Karen. The cone of silence was extremely silent- that is until she turned it on for me. :D
I didn't have anything to download to on the digital download station, so I wasn't able to get the full experience. :(
Karen said her fav movie was Moonstruck, her fav quote being "Snap out of it!" - a great line. She also likes Alexander McCall Smith's books.

I've got several favorite movies:
Benny and Joon
The Princess Bride
Goonies
My favorite books on CD are the Harry Potter books - Jim Dale is a phenominal voice actor!

theheartof_IT_all said...

Karen demonstrated the cone of silence and digital downloads.

I checked out an audiobook of the Dalai Lama.

I've been enjoying watching the classics this summer.

Thanks to the AV Division!