Monday, June 22, 2009

Visit HFAR

Without saying a word, Boddy lay a series of photos down on the desk.

Green's eyes widened, and he looked around quickly to make sure that no one else had seen them.

"You know what I came here for," Mr. Boddy responded.

John Green shook his head in exasperation, "There's no more money left over from the sponsorships and endorsements. You've taken everything you could from me - I have nothing more to give."

"I think you do," Boddy leaned in closer across the desk and spoke softly, "This time, I am here looking for information."

"Information?" Green echoed incredulously.

"It's about a painting: Requiem for a Reader."

Staff members are invited to visit the Humanity and Fine Arts division this week for division points.

To earn one point as an individual, find the score to one of your favorite songs from childhood, during your visit, and cite it in a comment below.



Hone Your Cyber Skills: Create a newspaper clipping of your own.

8 comments:

Joy2C said...

Hmmm, Childhood would find me in CFD. But my teen years and folk music led to John Barlycorn and I never realized the lyrics started 3 kings came out of the west. I've been singing 3 men came out of the west for years. Score is Folk Songs of England.

Harold said...

Black Sabbath's Paranoid.
Found the bass guitar score in 25 All-Time Rock Bass Classics at HFAR.
M 787.87166 T9711 score

Unknown said...

"Ye Jacobites By Name" is a muckle grand tune! Oh-aye, I sang it lang befo' I cauld spake, eh. Dear Rabbie mad' a mockery o't, but tha's mon'y a gud laddie leeing on his grave tha' cauld fin' fault wi'im.

monkeygamer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
monkeygamer said...

I've got 2:
Madonna's greatest hit's so far - has quite a few of my favorite songs from her that I listened to in my youth.- M 782.42166 M183g score

and...
Symphony no. 9, the choral symphony (last movement)
op. 125 : for soli, chorus and orchestra : with English and German text; Ludwig van Beethoven, Friedrich Schiller;M 784.2184 B415s9D score - I very much enjoyed reading the translation.

June 25, 2009 3:39 PM

theheartof_IT_all said...

I searched for "This Land is Your Land" by Woodie Guthrie (784.83162 G984t score) but couldn't find it on the shelf, so I found "I Wanna Hold your Hand" by the Beetles who were in the area where Woodie Guthrie was supposed to be.

Julie said...

I helped my daughter search for scores by My Chemical Romance. When we didn't find anything we asked Bob for some help. Nada. We might try an ILL...

sopranolibrarian said...

My mission when I visited HFAR was to find Marc Cohn's song Walking in Memphis, which I did and promptly checked out. I really like the piano part of that and want to learn to play it... We oohed and aahed over Joni Mitchell's songbook and I even sang for my fellow Financians "Both Sides Now."