Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wear Purple or Plaid on Thursday

Is Professor Plum innocent or implicated? Might Mr. Boddy deserve to die?

Main Library staff members are encouraged to wear purple or plaid on Thursday, in a show of support for Professor Plum. Those who do so will receive points as individuals, increasing their chances of winning tickets to the Columbus Museum of Art at the end of the summer!


Mr. Boddy had no use for individuals who entertain idle curiosity. Nevertheless, we shall appease the curiosity of our readers regarding the lyrics and tune to Mr. Boddy's Funeral Dirge, as composed by Professor Plum.

The Lament for the Old Boddy*
Underneath a cloudless sky,
Dig the grave an’ let him die!
Slow to truth and quick tae’ lie!
Minding ev’ry wrong.

Thoughtless follies stain his name.
Raging with a lust frae fame.
Tae the dust frae whence he came,
Bleach the bones o’ Boddy!

* This song shares the tune of Archie's Fancy.

Hone your Cyber Skills:
Customize a Tartan Design or create a Ripple Effect of your own!

Share the results with co-workers in your division, perhaps by posting your efforts beside your division's copy of the Main SRC Game board!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I gave the Tartan Maker a try and actually came up with something that didn't make me want to gouge out my eyes. Pleae note--hot pink and plaid just don't do it for me! I would love to attach a picture, but my posting skills just took a dive. It was cool--dark green, white, and black.

Main SRC 2009 said...

Way to go, Julie!

Please note that, from now on, every Monday, there will be a notification regarding what color to wear on Thursday, out of appreciation and respect for the part-time employees (who offer full-time value) to CML.

Joy2C said...

The Tartan maker was fun. I tried several variations with soft yellow, blues and green, then I tried adding red. Still playing with different widths myself.

sopranolibrarian said...

I changed my entire wardrobe plans just to support Prof. Plum and wore purple on Thurs.