Sunday, June 7, 2009

Professor Plum


During the week before his death, Mr. Boddy had been on the lookout for something important.

His first venture into the mysterious realms of the library was to visit Professor Plum in the Genealogy, History and Travel division.

The Professor was soft-spoken, but with a keen intelligence that made Boddy nervous. "You keep asking me about maps, Mr. Boddy, but what exactly are you looking for?"

Boddy exploded with rage, "If I wanted you to know I'd tell you! I have no use for idle curiousity! Now keep looking..."

The Professor agreed, with a mild shrug of his shoulders. He returned to his search.

But as Boddy watched him working, a sense of discontent plagued him. "Have we ever met before?"

"If we had met, I'm sure that I'd remember," the Professor replied evasively.

Later that afternoon, after Boddy left his division, the Professor put on his bagpipes and began to compose a song: "The Funeral Dirge of Mr. Boddy."

Hone Your Cyber Skills: Design a personalized CD Cover.


2 comments:

Julie said...

Whoo Hoo! We are off to a fine start with Professor Plum playing the bagpipes at today's morning meeting. I even tried the CD Cover activity by using his picture. Pretty cool!

chuckatmain said...

Agreed. Professor Plum's performance was stunning.